Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reflections on Two Weeks

Now that I have been here two weeks, things are starting to settle a little, or at least my stomach has calmed down. I feel like I have been "timewarped" through an incredible learning journey. I came here without knowing anything about a wiki (other than pulling up wikipedia from time to time). Geo-everything is being synthesized into my brain because of the reading that I did for working with my group on creating a Wiki about Geoeverything/Augmented Reality. Check out our group project: Geo-Everything / Augmented Reality

I am anticipating unprecedented growth in my learning as I proceed through this journey. To be honest, I have had a few flickers of apprehension about whether I had the "right stuff" over the past week. My family, a consummate support, cheered me on when I made comments about my brain being overfilled with information, theory and practical applications. I can see that I need to dig in and build my capacity for using the technology. A doctorate in Educational Technology is 90% about the education and 10% about the technology which is about where my profile is when I think about what I know about education and what I know about technology.

I am reflecting upon my teaching practice and the positive impact taking this program will have on the teaching and learning that happens with my students. Educational technology is an integral component of developing learning environments that work. I do not want to be left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment