Monday, July 20, 2009

Hurry Slowly

Listening to Dr. Crichton speak about the philosophy of "Making the Case for Happiness, Simplicity and Being Nimble" was inpsiring. It spoke to the heart of the matter literally. In development research projects there are guiding principles that need to be considered. Advice that she gave about making a decision quickly, but taking the time to ponder and consider direction with care in critical to success. She spoke of her work which was fascinating. I met Dr. Crichton when I first explored the Ed. D program. She capitvated me at that time which is one of the reasons I followed up on this dream. Dr. Crichton obviously has a great respect for people who participate in her research. I like how she talked about using the digital recordings to gain a perspective beyond the flat response of a transcription. She would be a role model in terms of the gentle manner in which she interacts with those around her. I will be revisiting her presentation to further reflect on what she had to say.

I like the quotes she included in her presentation including:

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Eistein (1879-1955)

No comments:

Post a Comment