Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am finally here!!! After stewing about pursuing this Doctor of Education for a number of years I decided it was time to “take the bull by the horns.” I chose to specialize in educational technology because it has created change in how educational programs can be delivered. I believe that strengthening my expertise in this area will ensure that I can better facilitate learning in my high school classroom where I support students with unique challenges such as learning, behavioral and sensory disabilities. Technological innovation is changing the way education is delivered and opening up possibilities that could hardly be conceived even a decade ago. I want to continue to be relevant in the delivery of my program. Studying educational technology seems to be a logical route to address this concern. I am advocating for the use of assistive technology throughout my school to promote individual student needs. I look forward to building my own capacity in this area and providing leadership to others as I research how educational technology influences growth in learning opportunities.

After just two days in the program I can already see that I had assumptions that were not entirely correct. I hardly thought it possible that my brain could be so full of new information in such a short period. Let the journey begin......

2 comments:

  1. Your comments highlight the leadership and advocacy aspects of becoming an educational technology researcher -- it is not enough that we study and understand the potential of innovations, we have to educate our colleagues and help them to make the changes that are needed and necessary to support 21st century learning in EVERY classroom, EVERY day, for EVERY student. Your post builds upon the idea from article: "Advocacy and leadership spark the evolution of educational technology processes and create the energy that fuels the fires of educational innovation and excellence." Welcome to doctoral study and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you "take the bull" by the horns. Spending the past few days with you I can see how excited and passionate you are to being this journey. Keep on blogging and wiking.

    ReplyDelete